Cricut Cardz Challenge #2, The Gypsy Spot Shapes, and Simon Says "Animal Antics" Challenges

Wednesday, November 18, 2009
So this card came to me this morning while I was in bed.  I just stumbled upon the Simon Says challenge this morning and saw the challenge was "Animal Antics."  I have this adorable digi I got as a freebie, the squirrel stuffing his face, and I thought he would work perfectly.  Sorry, I can't remember where I got him from.  I think it might have been at Dustin Pike.  So I had then seen that the Gypsy Spot had the challenge of shape cards this week.  Well then I scowered my cartidges for an acorn.  Stretch Your Imagination has one, but it is in two pieces and wanted to cut out differently when welded and unwelded, but I made it work.  Also the second Cricut Cardz Challenge is a Thanksgiving card.  I thought it was cute to have the squirrel saying "What?" with the inside saying "I'm Thankful."  Hope you enjoy the card.


Oh and by the way, I love Diamond Stickles.  I just got my first bottle yesterday and didn't realize how amazing it is.  Yesterday I did a project with all blue and the worked perfectly picking up the blue and today I used the Diamond Stickles with orange and it looks like I put orange glitter on it.  I really don't think I need to use any other color!  Anyway just wanted to share.

11 comments:

  1. Pink E said...:

    WOW!! what a FAB card and I just love that little guy you did such a great job with this layout and all the colors thank you for joining us this weeks CCC

    Huggs Pink E

  1. sophiesmama said...:

    This card is so stinkin' cute! Great job Kristin! Thanks for playing CCC!
    Hugs,
    Mary

  1. iluvmybugs said...:

    Great card Kristin...cute little image!!! Thanks for joining us this week at CCC!
    Hugs,
    Terry

  1. Shary said...:

    Great shaped card and cute image. Gorgeous!

  1. Jeri said...:

    You did an incredible job on this card. That welding is just perfect. Thanks for posting it on CCC #2.

  1. Cindy said...:

    Super card, Kristen!!

    Thanks for taking a second to comment on my Snow Globe card. I wanted to answer your tutorial question... I got my instructions from Splitcoast at the link below. Scroll down to Snow Globe Card. I didnt' want to direct link to the card instructions because I didn't want you to miss all the other wonderful tutorials!!

    http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/resources/

    Thanks again!
    Cindy
    www.royalthings.blogspot.com

  1. Judy said...:

    This card is cute! I love it! Very nice.

  1. Wow!!! I just love EVERYTHING about this card...from the acorn shape to the super cute full-mouthed squirrel!! :)

    Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!

    <3,
    Steph

  1. Nancy Sanders said...:

    Wow, great card, love the idea of an acorn shaped card, how creative. Thanks for joining the fun at CCC.

  1. Tameko said...:

    Very cute. Great job!

  1. debby4000 said...:

    Fabulous card, love the cute image.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Challenge.
    luv
    Debby

Post a Comment

I really enjoy reading everyone's comments. Thank you for taking the time!