I'm still here!

Thursday, October 8, 2009
I'm still here.  I have even done some projects classes have just gotten in the way.  My school runs on a quarter system (fall, winter, spring, summer) and I'm planning on graduating this spring.  It has hit 5th week, which is halfway through the quarter and of course that means midterms.  I have a really hard one around 2 o'clock today so wish me luck.  I don't have much homework tonight so I'm hoping to take pictures of my work and get it up online.  I am not happy about this whole situation because all I want to do is craft, but I have to worry about school.

On another note, yesterday I went to the only local scrapbook/stamp store in the area.  It's actually really close to my school, tee hee.  Of course that can be dangerous.  It is a cute little shop and has a lot of the speciality stuff JoAnn's and Michael's doesn't sell.  I finally got the Tim Holtz grunge board flourishes or whatever the package is called.  I'm working on a paperbag album that I wanted the fake book bindings added to.  I don't have any pictures to put on it yet because they are all at my parents' house, but I'll be going home for Thanksgiving and get them.  Anyway back to the store.  The store owner was very nice but it was a little odd that the store door is kept locked at all times and you have to knock to get in.

I am working on organizing my basement to make my craft area.  Of course it is surrounded by bugs and icky things because my basement is unfinished, but we don't have any other space since my friend is living in the spare bedroom for the time being.  I really want to by alcohol inks and learn how to use them, but there's no point at the moment since I have nowhere to do them.  Also, stupid no income is putting a damper on a lot of things.  I can't wait to graduate and have a job so I can just come home after work and deal with life things instead of life and homework and projects and meetings. Gah!

Anyway those are my thoughts for right now.  Any suggestions on organization would be much appreciated.  I should probably also ask for good slippers since basement in the winter kinda sucks.  Thanks for reading.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I really enjoy reading everyone's comments. Thank you for taking the time!